- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
|Local Organisations Database|
|Search||Subject List||Area List||Help|
Local Organisations Database - Help
Clicking one of the following links will scroll the page to the relevant section.
About the database | Update your organisation online | Add a new organisation | Search tips | Feedback | Contact us | Community Centres
About the database
- This database contains details of over 900 local community, voluntary and self-help groups, clubs and societies, and other resources and facilities in Bristol, and occasionally beyond.
- Commercial organisations are not usually eligible to be included, but might consider contacting Digital Bristol which hosts local web sites.
- The database is maintained by Bristol Libraries, see contact details below.
- An annual automated reminder process means that information is kept up to date.
- Organisation's details can be added or updated quickly and easily online. A paper form is also available - contact us and we'll send you one.
- Bristol City Council complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 with regard to the information held in this database.
Update your organisation's details online
- You'll need a password to do this.
- If you've forgotten the password contact us at the address/email/phone number below.
To update your entry all you do is:
- find your organisation using the Search, Subject Index or Area List links above.
- select the 'Edit Organisation' link at the top of your entry, and update the form that appears.
- Hit the 'submit form' button.
- You'll also need to let us know if the named contact person is no longer involved with your organisation.
- This is necessary to comply with the Data Protection Act, and to protect your information from unauthorised changes.
Add a new organisation
- Search the database first to make sure there isn't already an entry for your organisation.
- Use our form to add a new organisation to the database online.
- The default search finds words in the organisation's name, description, subject and area keywords.
- It finds words beginning with the same root, eg 'bike' finds 'biking'
- Lets you find organisations based in or serving particular areas, eg Hengrove.
- You can do wider searches, eg Bristol South.
- You can combine areas.
- These are the terms we assign to describe what each organisation offers.
- You can use this search to find all the organisations in a particular category.
- Give us feedback about the database.
- Vicky Sutherland, Central Library, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TL
- Tel. 0117 903 7202
Bristol City Council complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 with regard to the information held in this database.
Community Centre Finder
- Looking for a community centre to use or hire? Find contact numbers and facilities in our Community Centre Finder.