- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
All our libraries have:
- Books on prescription.
- Large print books.
- Public access computers with Supernova screen reader.
Find out about the services each library has for disabled people.
Use the drop down menu to select the library of your choice.
Central Library: services for disabled people
The Organisations Database has details of over 900 groups based in and around Bristol and can be searched by name or subject.
We have already created the list of all organisations for disabled people.
If you can't get to your local library we can visit you in your home:
- We will call every four weeks to change your books, usually on the same day at the same time in the afternoon.
- We always leave a card telling you the date of your next visit.
- We will ask you what you like reading and leave a crate or bag of books and spoken word cassettes or CD to suit your tastes.
This service includes:
- Free reservations.
- Free delivery.
A special mobile vehicle visits Older People's Homes across the city:
- We will call every eight weeks to deliver crates of books and spoken word cassettes and CDs, usually on the same day at the same time in the morning.
- We will leave a notice close to the books we leave telling you when we will next visit.
- We will tailor the items we leave to suit the tastes of the people living in the home.
- You can reserve items by filling in the cards provided.
- We will be on hand to help with any questions you may have about our service.
Library service Central Library, Library Service College Green Bristol, BS1 5TL
- Email: email@example.com
- Work: 0117 903 7200
- Text phone: 0117 357 4444 (TexBox. Choose 'Central Library')
- Fax: 0117 922 1081