- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Walking is a great way to enjoy Bristol. It is also the most accessible and cost-effective way to travel.
Walking Strategy for Bristol (pdf, 5.1 MB) (opens new window) has been developed in partnership with schools, voluntary organisations, employers in the city and others. This is a 10-year plan which aims to make walking in Bristol easier, safer and more pleasant for everyone.
Travel Bristol website provides information on walking and the following:
- City and Heritage walks;
- Countryside Walks Series (car not required);
- Walkit Urban Trip Planner;
- Brunel Mile and Harbour Heritage Trail.
Rights of Way
OutdoorsWest provides information on Rights of Way, footpaths and bridleways across Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire:
- Routes and Ideas for walks, horse riding and running around the area.
- Interactive Mapping for rights of way.
- Getting Involved in the rights of way forum.
Walking for Health
Walking for Health provides information on led walks around the city, measured out walking routes and volunteering to become a walk leader.
Report a fault
Road Maintenance provides links where you can report a fault or problem with a road or pavement.